Like SystemiConnectFri 15 Oct 2021, 04:50
Auto Save MessagesLGforumFri 26 Feb 2021, 13:31
New tutorial questionTheCrowMon 15 Feb 2021, 08:12
Support iOS Emojis (and other platforms)LGforumSun 14 Feb 2021, 01:25
LGforum (2806)
Replicating a custom 404 page. - Page 2 Vote_lcapReplicating a custom 404 page. - Page 2 Voting_barReplicating a custom 404 page. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Mr.Easybb (1587)
Replicating a custom 404 page. - Page 2 Vote_lcapReplicating a custom 404 page. - Page 2 Voting_barReplicating a custom 404 page. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Bloodbath (745)
Rukiafan (533)
Dom (513)
puppycheese (446)
pedro (330)
Neymar (301)
Hitsu (281)
Flora (275)

Replicating a custom 404 page.

BloodbathBloodbath

Mon 11 Nov 2013, 14:48
The reason it is ailto: is because the mailto: protocol can start with a lower-case or upper-case m, and /ailto:/ perfectly matches "mailto:" in any deviation.
LGforumLGforum

Mon 11 Nov 2013, 15:39
Actually the reason it is 'ailto:' is because, the first character of the URL is removed (in the code) so on all other URLs that would be the forward slash. I remove the forward slash to make the URL easier to work with. However mailto URLs don't have the forward slash, so the 'm' would be removed, instead of making any sort of check for that rare occurrence; we simply check 'ailto' in the Regex. A quicker easier solution for a problem that would very rarely cause issues.
TonnyKamperTonnyKamper

Fri 17 Jun 2016, 16:24
Hi @LGforum, thank you very much for this tutorial cheers

I got this working almost perfectly on my Dutch phpBB2 forum, at first it lacked the link to the registerpage which lead us to the newly created 404 page, so I added 'register' to the script and got it working, but I found one other problem which I don't know how to solve..

When you make a new post or reply and click on send, you'll see for a few seconds a message, like 'your message is posted, click here to view your message' or something like that. Where the second part is a link to go directly to your just posted message..
When clicked on that link it takes you to the newly added 404 page ! So I was wondering what do I need to add to the script so this link will be included like the other internal links ?

For now I have disabled the script until I know if it's at all possible to do this..

Thanks in advance for your time and effort Wink
Sat 18 Jun 2016, 14:47
Hey @TonnyKamper!

I'm not sure I got you on this, but I believe it's the 'Your message has been entered successfully' notification you're seeing, right? If so, you may want to add this JS:

Code:
;$("meta[http-equiv='refresh'][content]:first").each(function(){window.location.href=$(this).attr("content").replace(/^.*;url=/,"")});

When activated on All the Pages, it 'll then just skip that page, so you won't get bothered by it no more.
TonnyKamperTonnyKamper

Sat 18 Jun 2016, 15:33
Samantha wrote:[quotelink="/t1254p25-replicating-a-custom-404-page#p24284"]Hey @TonnyKamper!
I'm not sure I got you on this, but I believe it's the 'Your message has been entered successfully' notification you're seeing, right? If so, you may want to add this JS:
Code:
;$("meta[http-equiv='refresh'][content]:first").each(function(){window.location.href=$(this).attr("content").replace(/^.*;url=/,"")});

When activated on All the Pages, it 'll then just skip that page, so you won't get bothered by it no more.

Hi @Samantha, Hello! thank you so much, yeah you are correct, it's that notification I talked about, I didn't knew what it says in English Very Happy
So do I add this as a completely new JS ? Or can I add this line to the JS of the beginning of this thread by LGforum ?
Sat 18 Jun 2016, 15:41
TonnyKamper wrote:[quotelink="/t1254p25-replicating-a-custom-404-page#p24286"]
Samantha wrote:[quotelink="/t1254p25-replicating-a-custom-404-page#p24284"]Hey @TonnyKamper!
Code:

Hi @Samantha, Hello! thank you so much, yeah you are correct, it's that notification I talked about, I didn't knew what it says in English Very Happy
So do I add this as a completely new JS ? Or can I add this line to the JS of the beginning of this thread by LGforum ?

That's totally up you. Since the placement is the same (All the Pages) for both scripts, you could add it to the bottom of LGforum's script or create a new one. Wink
TonnyKamperTonnyKamper

Sat 18 Jun 2016, 16:15
Samantha wrote:[quotelink="/t1254p25-replicating-a-custom-404-page#p24287"]
TonnyKamper wrote:[quotelink="/t1254p25-replicating-a-custom-404-page#p24286"]
Code:

That's totally up you. Since the placement is the same (All the Pages) for both scripts, you could add it to the bottom of LGforum's script or create a new one. Wink

Thank you so much @Samantha , it worked like a charm !!! here's a virtual flower for your help !! cheers
TonnyKamperTonnyKamper

Thu 23 Jun 2016, 17:08
Hi @Samantha Hello! I found just one other problem with this script.. Rolling Eyes

When I click on Groups it shows me a list of the membergroups that are present, but when I click on one of the grouplinks to be able to see it's description or ask to join, it redirects us to the new 404 page.. So do you know of another line of JS which I can add to the script to correct this ?

Kind regards,
Tonny
Fri 24 Jun 2016, 07:10
TonnyKamper wrote:[quotelink="/t1254p25-replicating-a-custom-404-page#p24327"]Hi @Samantha Hello! I found just one other problem with this script.. Rolling Eyes

When I click on Groups it shows me a list of the membergroups that are present, but when I click on one of the grouplinks to be able to see it's description or ask to join, it redirects us to the new 404 page.. So do you know of another line of JS which I can add to the script to correct this ?

Kind regards,
Tonny

Hi Tonny!

I'm pretty sure it's got nothing to do with the JS I gave you earlier. Perhaps you should rule out of the some stuff by taking down either LG's script, mine or both. Go, back to the original situation, prior to the situation where you installed the 404 script, and see if you get the same one by one. If confronted with the error you gave me, you most likely know what's causing it. Check on any JS conflicts that may cause the 'error' you see on your site.

I've had a quick check on my site yesterday and I couldn't replicate your error, so either it's in LG's or you've got a faulty JS stack. Could you please check and give me some feedback on that? ty! Smile

Hello! Samantha.

PS: I'll be on sparsely only these days. I'm sorry. I'll be back full force again, 100%, after the weekend. Wink
TonnyKamperTonnyKamper

Sat 25 Jun 2016, 15:53
Samantha wrote:[quotelink="/t1254p25-replicating-a-custom-404-page#p24329"]

Hi Tonny!

I'm pretty sure it's got nothing to do with the JS I gave you earlier. Perhaps you should rule out of the some stuff by taking down either LG's script, mine or both. Go, back to the original situation, prior to the situation where you installed the 404 script, and see if you get the same one by one. If confronted with the error you gave me, you most likely know what's causing it. Check on any JS conflicts that may cause the 'error' you see on your site.

I've had a quick check on my site yesterday and I couldn't replicate your error, so either it's in LG's or you've got a faulty JS stack. Could you please check and give me some feedback on that? ty! Smile

Hello! Samantha.

PS: I'll be on sparsely only these days. I'm sorry. I'll be back full force again, 100%, after the weekend. Wink

Thanks @Samantha, I've given that a try to see if I could find the conflict, it was caused by LG's script ! So I suppose there should be added another link to the created groupslist on his script !! For now I have disabled it, I hope you'll have a solution for this next week, for now have a nice weekend Hello!

PS: I did'nt received a notification by email of your last answer to me... maybe a bug in the system ?
Sat 25 Jun 2016, 18:33
TonnyKamper wrote:[quotelink="/t1254p25-replicating-a-custom-404-page#p24334"]
Samantha wrote:[quotelink="/t1254p25-replicating-a-custom-404-page#p24329"]

Hi Tonny!

Hello! Samantha.

Thanks @Samantha, I've given that a try to see if I could find the conflict, it was caused by LG's script ! So I suppose there should be added another link to the created groupslist on his script !! For now I have disabled it, I hope you'll have a solution for this next week, for now have a nice weekend Hello!

PS: I did'nt received a notification by email of your last answer to me... maybe a bug in the system ?

In his 'tutorial', @LGforum mentioned this: "The code may need tweaking for non-english boards, let me know if you see any issues, or any URL's I've missed.". So, there may be a slight issue with the code you're using which is purely based on the English coded sites.

One more question, when you press the 'Groups' or 'Groepen' button, what link does it display? http://....../groups ? I really think LG forgot about the /g1- , /g2- ... /gn- links. If so, you'd better wait for his return and ask him for advice on this.

As for the e-mail notifications (replies on watched topics): did you check this setting and save it in your profile? If so, the issue may be FM related.
TonnyKamperTonnyKamper

Sat 25 Jun 2016, 21:09
Samantha wrote:[quotelink="/t1254p25-replicating-a-custom-404-page#p24335"]
In his 'tutorial', @LGforum mentioned this: "The code may need tweaking for non-english boards, let me know if you see any issues, or any URL's I've missed.". So, there may be a slight issue with the code you're using which is purely based on the English coded sites.

One more question, when you press the 'Groups' or 'Groepen' button, what link does it display? http://....../groups ? I really think LG forgot about the /g1- , /g2- ... /gn- links. If so, you'd better wait for his return and ask him for advice on this.

As for the e-mail notifications (replies on watched topics): did you check this setting and save it in your profile? If so, the issue may be FM related.

There aren't any /g1, /g2 links in the script from LG, I already noticed that, the only 2 relevant in the script is /groups and almost at the end before return internal... a single /g , see for yourself:
Code:
[panda=js]$(function() {
 $('a').filter(function() { //only keep internal links.
 var internal = !!(this.href.charAt(0) === '/' || this.href.indexOf(location.host) !== -1),
 url = this.href.replace(/(^http:\/\/)|(\?.*$)/g, '').replace(location.host, '').substr(1),
 tester = /^(|#\w+|portal|calendar|post|privmsg|memberlist|faq|forum|search|groups|profile|login|register|modcp|statistics|contact|abuse|admin(\/index.forum)?|viewonline|rss|ailto:|([tfhc]\d+(?:[pn]\d*)?-.*?)|(u\d+(\w+)?)|(s[tp]a\/.*?))$/g;
 return internal && !tester.test(url)
 }).click(function(e) {
 e.preventDefault();
 window.location = 'http://www.nederlandheelt.nl/h4-pagina-niet-gevonden';
 });
});

I added the Register part myself because it was missing from LG's script.. Except for those groups /g links the script works fine on other parts Smile
so the question is how and where to add those /g links ?

And my notification preferences are fine, they're all set to receive notification by email.. previously I did got notified of your reply, only now not on your last two replies.. I had to come here to see someone replied to the thread..
Hello!
Sat 25 Jun 2016, 21:27
Oh, I noticed alright and that's why I mentioned the /g1- .. /gn- links. Question is where and how to add that to the existing script. I better leave that part to @LGforum if you don't mind Wink

My try:

Code:
$(function() {
 var internal = !!(this.href.charAt(0) === '/' || this.href.indexOf(location.host) !== -1),
 url = this.href.replace(/(^http:\/\/)|(\?.*$)/g, '').replace(location.host, '').substr(1),
 tester = /^(|#\w+|portal|calendar|post|privmsg|memberlist|faq|forum|search|groups|profile|login|register|modcp|statistics|contact|abuse|admin(\/index.forum)?|viewonline|rss|ailto:|([tfhc]\d+(?:[pn]\d*)?-.*?)|(u\d+(\w+)?)|(s[tp]a\/.*?))$/g|/g1-|/g2-|/g3-|/g4-};
 }).click(function(e) {
 e.preventDefault();
 });
});
TonnyKamperTonnyKamper

Sat 25 Jun 2016, 22:01
Samantha wrote:[quotelink="/t1254p25-replicating-a-custom-404-page#p24337"]Oh, I noticed alright and that's why I mentioned the /g1- .. /gn- links. Question is where and how to add that to the existing script. I better leave that part to @LGforum if you don't mind Wink

My try:

Code:
$(function() {
 tester = /^(|#\w+|portal|calendar|post|privmsg|memberlist|faq|forum|search|groups|profile|login|register|modcp|statistics|contact|abuse|admin(\/index.forum)?|viewonline|rss|ailto:|([tfhc]\d+(?:[pn]\d*)?-.*?)|(u\d+(\w+)?)|(s[tp]a\/.*?))$/g|/g1-|/g2-|/g3-|/g4-};
 }).click(function(e) {
 e.preventDefault();
 });
});

Thanks @Samantha , I gave it a try and also had to add at the end of the script the previous line of script you gave me
Code:
and guess what..?
It works like a charm girl, you are a genius !! So you can rest and enjoy your weekend now !
Bye bye Hello!

PS: I cheered too soon Sad with the addition of those /g1 etc. links the script is conflicting with our Reputation Improvement script, it goes back to the default reputation system with the ugly + and - signs.. I give up ! I guess I'll have to wait for LG's return.. in the meantime I've disabled the script because the improved reputations system is more important for now than a custom 404 page...
Sun 26 Jun 2016, 17:33
Sometimes, conflicts like those can be overcome by changing the order in which they execute. Provided your Reputation Improvement script is running on 'All the Pages' what you could try is to disable that script and copy & paste it just below the JS I gave you or have it executed just before the 404 script kicks off. Example

JS1 = Reputation Improvement script
JS2 = 404 + the skip the post entry crap script I gave you

Now, try to make it 1 script:
JS1 = disabled
JS2 = 404 + skip the confirmation crap script + Reputation Improvement script

or...

JS1 = disabled
JS2 = Reputation Improvement script + 404 + the skip the crap script
TonnyKamperTonnyKamper

Sun 26 Jun 2016, 23:21
Samantha wrote:[quotelink="/t1254p25-replicating-a-custom-404-page#p24342"]Sometimes, conflicts like those can be overcome by changing the order in which they execute. Provided your Reputation Improvement script is running on 'All the Pages' what you could try is to disable that script and copy & paste it just below the JS I gave you or have it executed just before the 404 script kicks off. Example

JS1 = disabled

or...

JS1 = disabled

Aw thanks, I'll give that a try and I'll report back later if it worked..
Nope, it didn't worked.. both ways kept the reputation improvement disabled... Sad

Mon 27 Jun 2016, 12:02
TonnyKamper wrote:[quotelink="/t1254p25-replicating-a-custom-404-page#p24345"]
Samantha wrote:[quotelink="/t1254p25-replicating-a-custom-404-page#p24342"]Sometimes, conflicts like those can be overcome by changing the order in which they execute. Provided your Reputation Improvement script is running on 'All the Pages' what you could try is to disable that script and copy & paste it just below the JS I gave you or have it executed just before the 404 script kicks off. Example

JS1 = disabled

or...

JS1 = disabled

Aw thanks, I'll give that a try and I'll report back later if it worked..
Nope, it didn't worked.. both ways kept the reputation improvement disabled... Sad

Well, I'm not sure what could be causing this. Your forum is blocked to guests so I can't use the dev tools to check on JS errors. Actually, I'm out of ideas at this point and it would be best for you to wait for LGforum's return and have some advice on this. I'm sorry.
TonnyKamperTonnyKamper

Mon 27 Jun 2016, 17:26
Samantha wrote:[quotelink="/t1254p25-replicating-a-custom-404-page#p24347"]
Well, I'm not sure what could be causing this. Your forum is blocked to guests so I can't use the dev tools to check on JS errors. Actually, I'm out of ideas at this point and it would be best for you to wait for LGforum's return and have some advice on this. I'm sorry.

Okay, @Samantha, then I'll wait for LG's return, thanks for the effort though Smile I love you
But I'm not sure what you meant by 'our forum is blocked for guests'.. the index and a certain amount of fora are open to guests, only a certain amount of fora are closed for guests viewing the messages inside...

Oh by the way.. the notification system here isn't working at all anymore, not by mail and not here by the notificationsystem..
I just wanted to inform you of this, it's not a complaint Smile

Bye for now Hello!
LGforumLGforum

Tue 28 Jun 2016, 20:17
Hi, I'm sorry I haven't had the time to fix all the issues you've mentioned, but to add the group pages change this line:
Code:
[panda=js] tester = /^(|#\w+|portal|calendar|post|privmsg|memberlist|faq|forum|search|groups|profile|login|register|modcp|statistics|contact|abuse|admin(\/index.forum)?|viewonline|rss|ailto:|([tfhc]\d+(?:[pn]\d*)?-.*?)|(u\d+(\w+)?)|(s[tp]a\/.*?))$/g;

To this:
Code:
[panda=js] tester = /^(|#\w+|portal|calendar|post|privmsg|memberlist|faq|forum|search|groups|profile|login|register|modcp|statistics|contact|abuse|admin(\/index.forum)?|viewonline|rss|mailto:|([tfhcg]\d+(?:[pn]\d*)?-.*?)|(u\d+(\w+)?)|(s[tp]a\/.*?))$/g;

Hope that helps the group pages!
TonnyKamperTonnyKamper

Wed 29 Jun 2016, 13:38
LGforum wrote:[quotelink="/t1254p25-replicating-a-custom-404-page#p24352"]Hi, I'm sorry I haven't had the time to fix all the issues you've mentioned, but to add the group pages change this line:
Code:
[panda=js] tester = /^(|#\w+|portal|calendar|post|privmsg|memberlist|faq|forum|search|groups|profile|login|register|modcp|statistics|contact|abuse|admin(\/index.forum)?|viewonline|rss|ailto:|([tfhc]\d+(?:[pn]\d*)?-.*?)|(u\d+(\w+)?)|(s[tp]a\/.*?))$/g;

To this:
Code:
[panda=js] tester = /^(|#\w+|portal|calendar|post|privmsg|memberlist|faq|forum|search|groups|profile|login|register|modcp|statistics|contact|abuse|admin(\/index.forum)?|viewonline|rss|mailto:|([tfhcg]\d+(?:[pn]\d*)?-.*?)|(u\d+(\w+)?)|(s[tp]a\/.*?))$/g;

Hope that helps the group pages!

Thanks a bunch @LGforum, that did the job for the groups display cheers

Now there's just one thing left that doesn't work, when clicked on a keyword, it leads to the new 404 page instead of displaying the messages containing that keyword..
Do you know what needs to be added to the script to make this work too ?

Kind regards Hello!
Wed 29 Jun 2016, 16:37
Thanks for improving LG's code with your feedback @TonnyKamper!

I'd say it's got something to do with the "?highlight=*" string, but since I'm not a real coder I'll leave it all to LG's imagination since it's his code Smile

Love,

Sammy.
TonnyKamperTonnyKamper

Wed 29 Jun 2016, 21:47
Samantha wrote:[quotelink="/t1254p25-replicating-a-custom-404-page#p24361"]Thanks for improving LG's code with your feedback @TonnyKamper!

I'd say it's got something to do with the "?highlight=*" string, but since I'm not a real coder I'll leave it all to LG's imagination since it's his code Smile

Love,
Sammy.

Thanks Sammy, maybe you're right, I don't mind at all waiting for LG, I am a person with endless patience lol!

Love,
Tonny Hello!
Fri 01 Jul 2016, 03:16
This is genius. I wish I saw this sooner, thank you a ton LG!
LGforumLGforum

Tue 05 Jul 2016, 10:49
Hi again guys.

By "keywords" I assume you mean hashtags?
If so, try changing the same line again into this:
Code:
[panda=js] tester = /^(|#\w+|portal|calendar|post|privmsg|memberlist|faq|forum|search|groups|profile|login|register|modcp|statistics|contact|abuse|admin(\/index.forum)?|viewonline|rss|mailto:|tags(\/\w+)|([tfhcg]\d+(?:[pn]\d*)?-.*?)|(u\d+(\w+)?)|(s[tp]a\/.*?))$/g;

Hope that works! Smile
Tue 05 Jul 2016, 10:51
I think she's referring to the search results. Each result has a ?highlight=<keyword> at the end. When selected it defers you to the 404 page...
Sponsored content

• Previous Topic • Next Topic