Like SystemiConnectFri 15 Oct 2021, 04:50
Auto Save MessagesLGforumFri 26 Feb 2021, 13:31
New tutorial questionTheCrowMon 15 Feb 2021, 08:12
Support iOS Emojis (and other platforms)LGforumSun 14 Feb 2021, 01:25
LGforum (2806)
New Member Popup/Tutorial Vote_lcapNew Member Popup/Tutorial Voting_barNew Member Popup/Tutorial Vote_rcap 
Mr.Easybb (1587)
New Member Popup/Tutorial Vote_lcapNew Member Popup/Tutorial Voting_barNew Member Popup/Tutorial Vote_rcap 
Bloodbath (745)
Rukiafan (533)
Dom (513)
puppycheese (446)
pedro (330)
Neymar (301)
Hitsu (281)
Flora (275)

New Member Popup/Tutorial

DesignersSocietyDesignersSociety

Thu 02 Apr 2015, 00:53
I've created a tutorial using WalkMe and I want it to appear for new members only. My question is if there's a way to create a popup like element that will appear on all pages of the site, but only for new members? I'm not sure if there's a way to detect like their first few times logging into the site or my other guess is a javascript that detects if the join date has been within a week or something? I don't have a whole lot of time to put research into that myself so I was wondering if anyone else has done something like this? Basically content only visible to new members within the first few days or a week? It'd really really help me out, thanks in advanced
LGforumLGforum

Thu 02 Apr 2015, 08:16
You could use the join date or check if the posts are zero. Which would you prefer?

Thu 02 Apr 2015, 14:47
@LGforum I didn't even think about post count but that's a better idea actually! I may already be able to code that pretty quickly, but maybe you could help with checking the join date? I might use the join date for other site perks the longer they've been a member.
LGforumLGforum

Fri 03 Apr 2015, 09:22
Well if you code it within an announcement or widget you could actually use the variables, I can't remember what they are exactly and on my phone so can't check; but do you know what I mean?

Fri 03 Apr 2015, 16:57
@LGforum I'm not completely sure what you mean, but I have a code to grab the field info for their join date from their profile. My issue would be converting it to the date setup needed to calculate the time passed. I looked it up some but since the date has a certain format on the profiles like 2012-12-1 and so I wasn't sure how to convert that.
Sponsored content