Like SystemiConnectFri 15 Oct 2021, 04:50
Auto Save MessagesLGforumFri 26 Feb 2021, 13:31
New tutorial questionTheCrowMon 15 Feb 2021, 08:12
Support iOS Emojis (and other platforms)LGforumSun 14 Feb 2021, 01:25
LGforum (2806)
AWC translation issue and question Vote_lcapAWC translation issue and question Voting_barAWC translation issue and question Vote_rcap 
Mr.Easybb (1587)
AWC translation issue and question Vote_lcapAWC translation issue and question Voting_barAWC translation issue and question Vote_rcap 
Bloodbath (745)
Rukiafan (533)
Dom (513)
puppycheese (446)
pedro (330)
Neymar (301)
Hitsu (281)
Flora (275)

AWC translation issue and question

Mon 24 Nov 2014, 22:48
Hi,

I've got trouble translating the yellow marked words (see figure below). These words just don't seem to be able to be translated. If I add them to the translation JS for AWC, AWC either hangs or it just won't translate.

AWC translation issue and question Transl10

And I've got a question. I want to toggle AWC fullscreen in a new tab from the navigation bar instead of using the default AWC Chat button and default FM chatbox. Is that possible? And how?

Samantha.
LGforumLGforum

Tue 25 Nov 2014, 01:34
The key for translating is having everything in lower case in the AWC translation object left column.
So try adding this into your AWC translation:
Code:
[panda=js]    'sound' : 'Sound',
    'merge messages' : 'Merge messages',
    'disable timeout' : 'Disable timeout',
    'newest first' : 'Newest first'

make sure you have a comma seperate for every line of the AWC translation (except the last line).
Tue 25 Nov 2014, 07:12
Ok, that worked. Here's the translation you can add to the list on chat.avacweb.net :

Code:
[panda=js]
    'sound' : 'Geluid',
    'merge messages' : 'Berichten combineren',
    'disable timeout' : 'Timeout uitschakelen',
    'newest first' : 'Nieuwste eerst'

Now, there are a few other things left.
- How do I get that Close / Open List button translated?
- Is there a way to rename the default tab "Public" in chat?
- I want to toggle AWC fullscreen in a new browser tab from the navigation bar instead of using the default AWC Chat button and default FM chatbox. Is that possible? And how?
BloodbathBloodbath

Tue 25 Nov 2014, 11:26
Samantha wrote:[quotelink="http://www.avacweb.com/t2238-awc-translation-issue-and-question#21312"]
Now, there are a few other things left.
- How do I get that Close / Open List button translated?
- Is there a way to rename the default tab "Public" in chat?
- I want to toggle AWC fullscreen in a new browser tab from the navigation bar instead of using the default AWC Chat button and default FM chatbox. Is that possible? And how?

1: I am not quite sure which button you are referring to, could you please screenshot it? That'd help a lot.

2: Try this.

Code:
avacweb_chat.tabs.data.pub.name = "Publiek";

3: This is possible in the AWC Config with the "custom_placement" property which accepts an ID as string which is the element you would place the chat in. I'll elaborate more on this as I am short on time now.
Tue 25 Nov 2014, 11:46
Hi & thanks!

1. I could give you a screenshot, but currently someone's working on the navbar. I've got a FM board and I added a /chatbox link to be added to the navigation bar and have it open up in a new window. It shows the FM chat now, but I want that to be AWC and totally AWC only. I want the default AWC button in the right bottom corner to not being displayed for that as well.

2. Nope. Crashed my AWC. Even if deleted cookies, it didn't get back on...

3. Ok, I'm in no hurry.
BloodbathBloodbath

Tue 25 Nov 2014, 15:36
I'll look into the issue ASAP, I have an unminified version of AWC on my hard drive and I'll see what I can do about it. Sorry for the problems that occured, if you reinstall AWC without that line of code it should be working properly again.
LGforumLGforum

Tue 25 Nov 2014, 21:24
You can actually simply change 'public' in the translation object.
[ic]'public' : 'New tab name',[/ic]
That would go with your other translations.

For a full screen AWC, I believe I've made a topic about it somewhere, or shown someone how to do it.
You end up losing a few minor features and efficiency but I've certainly achieved it somewhere. Have a look for topic titled 'AWC in html page' or similar. I'll have a look myself too when I get home.
Tue 25 Nov 2014, 21:58
Thanks! Smile I didn't realize it was a translatable object in JS. It's definitely not the case for the translation the Open / Close List button. I tried many things already.

I believe I found something on the full screen AWC here: http://www.avacweb.com/t2058-re-re-putting-awc-in-a-html-page?highlight=AWC+in+html+page But I really don't understand all of this. And what few minor features do I lose?
Thu 27 Nov 2014, 06:58
Bump please...
Sat 29 Nov 2014, 19:36
Bump (x2)
LGforumLGforum

Sat 29 Nov 2014, 22:53
Sorry I'm waiting til I get on the laptop before answering because I need a proper look.
Sun 30 Nov 2014, 04:46
make a html page with header and footer and put a stylesheet as the html

<style>
css to hide header and footer

css to fullscreen chat
</style>
Sun 30 Nov 2014, 11:36
Thanks, Twisted, but my HTML knowledge is near 0 if not sub-zero.

OK, LG, what I'm trying to do here is to make the default FM chat to be invisible and have a full size AWC on a different page. This page must be protected from being viewable from outside, so only visible when logged in. I want to be able to link it from the navigation bar, so when "Chatbox" is selected you'll be directed to the AWC page in a separate tab. The forum address is fcnl.actieforum.com (still building the site). Also, what small functionality changes are there compared to the standard AWC if I implement it this way?

The other issue still open is the translation of the "Open List" "Close List" button, which should be best translated as "Open Lijst" and "Verberg Lijst".
Tue 02 Dec 2014, 17:38
I'll bump this again...
Wed 03 Dec 2014, 17:32
maybe u can understand this a bit better

http://www.avacweb.com/t2249-tutorial-make-avacchat-fullscreen-html-page?amp;topic_name#21385
LGforumLGforum

Thu 04 Dec 2014, 00:32
Sorry Samantha I hadnt been on in a few days.
Thanks @_Twisted_Mods_ I hope people find that helpful.

The original tutorial I did for it isn't in the AWC section, which was silly of me, it's in the mini tips section; here's a link: http://www.avacweb.com/t2058-re-re-putting-awc-in-a-html-page
Sat 06 Dec 2014, 19:23
Aw, thanks LG! Smile Gotta test it some of these days now, but hey, Twisted Mods is really something yk! Please mind him! Wink
Tue 09 Dec 2014, 19:00
OK, I solved the following issues now:

1. Get AWC into a HTML page (thanks to _Twisted_Mods_ ) using
http://www.avacweb.com/t2249-tutorial-make-avacchat-fullscreen-html-page#21385

2. Solved the ADD SYMBOL REPLACEMENT issue after that
What I found was that I was also using the ADD SYMBOL replacement plug-in. In JS, I could simply paste a star symbol into JS beween the '☆' 's in the past, but I had to use HTML Unicode UTF-8 codes to get that one straightened up again (http://www.w3schools.com/charsets/ref_utf_symbols.asp). This time I used a BLACK CHESS QUEEN symbol because I think it's more neat Smile , so just replace '☆' with '&#9819' to get the BLACK CHESS QUEEN symbol instead or anything else of your liking.

3. Solved the OPEN LIST / CLOSE LIST translation issue myself
It was in the MEMBERLIST TOGGLER plug-in JS. Original code:

Code:
[panda=js]
//**** MEMBER LIST TOGGLER ****//
avacweb_chat_config.add_event('onload', function () {
  $(avacweb_chat.id('achat_color_button')).after('<div class="achat_button" id="toggle_members">Open List</div>');
var members = $(avacweb_chat.id('chatbox_members'));
var chatbox = $(avacweb_chat.id('chatbox'));
var toggle = $(avacweb_chat.id('toggle_members'));
toggle.toggle(function() {
  members.stop().animate({left:-181},1000);
      chatbox.stop().animate({left:0},1000);
          toggle.html('Open List');
  },
  function() {
    members.stop().animate({left:0},1000);
      chatbox.stop().animate({left:181},1000);
        toggle.html('Close List');
  });
});
//**** END MEMBER LIST TOGGLER ****//

Replacement code:
Code:
[panda=js]
//**** MEMBER LIST TOGGLER ****//
avacweb_chat_config.add_event('onload', function () {
  $(avacweb_chat.id('achat_color_button')).after('<div class="achat_button" id="toggle_members">Open Online Leden Lijst</div>'); // <--- had to change this line
var members = $(avacweb_chat.id('chatbox_members'));
var chatbox = $(avacweb_chat.id('chatbox'));
var toggle = $(avacweb_chat.id('toggle_members'));
toggle.toggle(function() {
  members.stop().animate({left:-181},1000);
      chatbox.stop().animate({left:0},1000);
          toggle.html('Open Online Leden Lijst'); //<--- and this one as well
  },
  function() {
    members.stop().animate({left:0},1000);
      chatbox.stop().animate({left:181},1000);
        toggle.html('Sluit Online Leden Lijst'); //<--- and finally this one to get it translated into Dutch
  });
});
//**** END MEMBER LIST TOGGLER ****//

Now, in the past YT videos showed up in chat. Is there a way to re-activate that again in a simple way? And, LG mentioned the loss of certain functionality when having AWC run in HTML. What functionality is lost?
Sponsored content