Like SystemiConnectFri 15 Oct 2021, 04:50
Auto Save MessagesLGforumFri 26 Feb 2021, 13:31
New tutorial questionTheCrowMon 15 Feb 2021, 08:12
Support iOS Emojis (and other platforms)LGforumSun 14 Feb 2021, 01:25
LGforum (2806)
Avacweb Chat - Bug Report Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcapAvacweb Chat - Bug Report Thread - Page 2 Voting_barAvacweb Chat - Bug Report Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Mr.Easybb (1587)
Avacweb Chat - Bug Report Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcapAvacweb Chat - Bug Report Thread - Page 2 Voting_barAvacweb Chat - Bug Report Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Bloodbath (745)
Rukiafan (533)
Dom (513)
puppycheese (446)
pedro (330)
Neymar (301)
Hitsu (281)
Flora (275)

Avacweb Chat - Bug Report Thread

Wed 11 Mar 2015, 14:40
I tested the sound on the pc.. not on iPad. And yeah, it happens to me on pc and it accepts cookies.
Wed 11 Mar 2015, 14:44
It doesn't deselect in the options menu when I refresh on my laptop by the way. I use this JS:

Code:
[panda=js]//**** ADD SOUND TO AWC ****//
        (function(awc){
          awc.add_event('onload', function() {
              this.settings.add('sound', 1, true).add_ui('sound');
              $('body').append('<span id="achat_sound"></span>');
          });

awc.add_event('onnew', function() {
              var sound_file = 'http://soundjax.com/reddo/62395%5EBIT_BEEP.mp3'; //change this URL to your own sound file if you want
              if( this.settings.on('sound') ) {
                document.getElementById('achat_sound').innerHTML = '<embed src="' + sound_file + '" hidden="true" autostart="true" loop="false"/>';
              }
          });
        })(avacweb_chat_config);
//**** END ADD SOUND TO AWC ****//

Before & after refreshing chat: http://prntscr.com/6fgc5u But I didn't test sound on mobile just yet, because I can't do anything on mobile regarding the AWC cb atm. Razz
BloodbathBloodbath

Wed 11 Mar 2015, 15:22
There actually is a development tool for Chrome that allows debugging and dedigning for mobile phones, and it's a native function that can also spoof the User Agent.

I am aware that that's a little tricky to perform if you don't know what you're looking for, but try browsing your forum on your computer and emulate a mobile view through the browser.
LGforumLGforum

Thu 12 Mar 2015, 17:34
A silent update today should have fixed the PM issues. You'll get an update message in your AWC next to the 'Colors' button explaining this.
Please carry on reporting any bugs so I can have them fixed! I can never test every situation and every possibility, so you guys really are the best way to find bugs, and if you report them quickly, I can hopefully get them fixed quickly Smile
Rhino.FreakRhino.Freak

Fri 13 Mar 2015, 02:21
Not sure if its an actual problem but when a new message lights up my button even of I open it it won't change back to normal..
BloodbathBloodbath

Fri 13 Mar 2015, 02:45
@"Rhino.Freak" Are you sure you are not editing CSS or JS? I checked the code, it should light up and dim properly.
Rhino.FreakRhino.Freak

Fri 13 Mar 2015, 07:15
*cough* uhm... what's the rule for the button again..? Razz
I've got this :
Code:
[panda=css]
#avacweb_chat_button {
background: #0062ad;
box-shadow: inset 0 10px 10px #00a6e1;
-moz-box-shadow: inset 0 10px 10px #00a6e1;
-webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 10px 10px #00a6e1;
color: #ebebeb;
border: 1px solid #ebebeb;
text-shadow: 0 1px #0f0f0f ;
transition: 0.3s;

}
#avacweb_chat_button:hover {
box-shadow: inset 0 10px 10px #00457A;
-moz-box-shadow: inset 0 10px 10px #00457A;
-webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 10px 10px #00457A;
border: 1px solid #041F35;
}

#avacweb_chat_button.newmsg {
background: #FFD100;
box-shadow: inset 0 10px 10px #FFFC00;
-moz-box-shadow: inset 0 10px 10px #FFFC00;
-webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 10px 10px #FFFC00;
color: #3B3B3B;
border: 1px solid #3B3B3B;
text-shadow: 0 1px 1px #000;

Sat 14 Mar 2015, 11:57
LGforum wrote:[quotelink="http://www.avacweb.com/t2236p15-avacweb-chat-bug-report-thread#22705"]The 1.9.1 mobile version majorly sucked. The mobile version isn't disabled - that's imposible unless you've actually disabled it lol.
What I mean by disable it, is on a mobile device your users will still see the full page chat, which would surely be alright?
If that's not an option then we'll have to look at disabling the custom placement while on mobiles, so that the mobile version can work properly.
I'll have to actually have a look at it rather than just speculating.

Bump. I'd like this to be in a working state before I'm off for 2 weeks. Though Roxanne can log in from our home, she's mostly on mobile. Also I'd like the 'white gap' to be gone. Anyone? Thanks.
BloodbathBloodbath

Sat 14 Mar 2015, 14:14
Okay, to fix this I would need to know more information about the phone.

I need this:

User Agent (exact please)
Operating System
Device Height and Width
Location of the external placement (as in, the HTML page your chat is placed in)
Sat 14 Mar 2015, 14:59
Thanks. This is high prio to me yk. Roxanne can log in using our home signal as she's my best friend, but she's also in school and at her own home usually. Therefor, she doesn't use broadband, but just the phone to sign in. As one of my 2 other admins, she's got a real (and I mean REAL) important position on my ws. She's my best friend too, so please don't stall now!

All you ask for is of no interest to us and of no matter tbh, except for the custom placement. HTML. The rest you can read from http://fcnl.actieforum.com/h1-friendcodes-chatbox.

Now, as LG is an admin too, I advise you to contact him if you need an account on there to solve the issue if you don't mind. These days we're quite occupied.... Hope you understand and it's gonna be solved during my absence / not after. TY! Wink

Sorry to be short but it's getting dinner time around here, I don't wanna fight, bully or sound disrespectufll and I don't feel to explain it all again. I've got both my hands full atm. I'm just not in the mood. Please, feel free to fix the proper way and the way you can whatever means are necessary, respecting the broadband members have atm, if you can.
BloodbathBloodbath

Sat 14 Mar 2015, 15:16
Samantha wrote:[quotelink="http://www.avacweb.com/t2236p30-avacweb-chat-bug-report-thread#22750"]Thanks. This is high prio to me yk. Roxanne can log in using our home signal as she's my best friend, but she's also in school and at her own home usually. Therefor, she doesn't use broadband, but just the phone to sign in. As one of my 2 other admins, she's got a real (and I mean REAL) important position on my ws. She's my best friend too, so please don't stall now!

All you ask for is of no interest to us and of no matter tbh, except for the custom placement. HTML. The rest you can read from http://fcnl.actieforum.com/h1-friendcodes-chatbox.

Now, as LG is an admin too, I advise you to contact him if you need an account on there to solve the issue if you don't mind. These days we're quite occupied.... Hope you understand and it's gonna be solved during my absence / not after. TY! Wink

Sorry to be short but it's getting dinner time around here, I don't wanna fight, bully or sound disrespectufll and I don't feel to explain it all again. I've got both my hands full atm. I'm just not in the mood. Please, feel free to fix the proper way and the way you can whatever means are necessary, respecting the broadband members have atm, if you can.

I registered on your site anyway (I bypassed the restriction, PM me if you want to know how...), and the information I asked for is indeed important so I can try to reproduce the bug on my own machine.

I do not want to harm anyone, I am just going to test the issue at hand.

Edit: I am assuming you are talking about this white bar, am I right with that?
Sat 14 Mar 2015, 15:39
I'd like to know why, so pls PM me how you managed to do that, ty.

1st prio is to solve the mobile version. Nothing shows,
2nd prio is to get rid of the 'white gap', show at the bottom of the chat (scroll down).

Sorry to keep it short, gtg now, byes have fun.

Samantha.
BloodbathBloodbath

Sat 14 Mar 2015, 23:39
I logged on from my phone (Sony Xperia Z1 Compact) and I had no problems displaying the chatbox. Here's an image of it: https://imgur.com/BkhjG7P
Sun 15 Mar 2015, 08:44
Thanks. I've sent you a PM on this.
BloodbathBloodbath

Sun 15 Mar 2015, 16:21
So I went ahead and checked on my browser after emulating an iPhone 3Gs, this is the result: http://prntscr.com/6h42eq

It looks like it works properly, at least for me, though I am unsure if the default Safari browser of the iPhone has any quirks that might cause AWC to fail.

Try replacing the following line in your AWC config:

Code:
version: '2-0'

Replace it with this:

Code:
version: '2-0-bb'

If you browse the site and you get alerted that you can't run AWC, then the fault is your browser not supporting EcmaScript 5 features.
Sun 15 Mar 2015, 18:23
Thanks BB. I'll check it out in shortly. Just gotta put my babies to bed now. I'll be back within 30 mins. or so and edit the post with the result. Smile
BloodbathBloodbath

Sun 15 Mar 2015, 19:04
I also found the issue for the white bar: in your CSS, you have a rule that says this...

Code:
[panda=css].custom_placement #avacweb_chat {
  bottom: 0px!important;
  width: 100%!important;
  height: 113%!important;
  margin: 0px auto!important;
  margin-right: -10px!important;
}

Change the [ic]height: 113%!important;[/ic] to [ic]height: 100%!important;[/ic] and the white bar at the bottom will no longer overflow. There will still be one, but you won't have the scroll bar at the side anymore. I will look into fixing the other white bar next.
Sun 15 Mar 2015, 19:15
Well, regarding the 2.0-bb or anything version, that didn't work.... Sad Still just showing the background picture on that page (the Mario figure and not even the FM not. bar rn).

Regarding CSS. I want it to be gone, yk, like BOO-BOO-B-GONE-paste (whistles* / blows* ) like. I tried your CSS b4, but that's not the solution to it all. Something changed in v2.0 and I'm almost uncontrollable now knowing you and LG cannot solve it! What about custom placement dudes? Valdo asked for it today and others (stating DO) will follow. Look, even though I'm a very respectable member around here, surely 99% of you members who just replace stuff by changing JS or anything the like you can help, so what about me? No offense really, but hey, I got a site to run. And to rely just on my best friend and all, well I don't take that for granted yk. Surely you're all on it 100% but to buy a new mobile phone just for the uppers here? nah...... I won't take that for an answer... ever. I'm very very sorry! I'm looking for the best, it did work b4, now in v2.0 it just SO happens to work no more! Why?
BloodbathBloodbath

Sun 15 Mar 2015, 19:28
Samantha wrote:[quotelink="http://www.avacweb.com/t2236p30-avacweb-chat-bug-report-thread#22771"]Well, regarding the 2.0-bb or anything version, that didn't work.... Sad Still just showing the background picture on that page (the Mario figure and not even the FM not. bar rn).

Regarding CSS. I want it to be gone, yk, like BOO-BOO-B-GONE-paste (whistles* / blows* ) like. I tried your CSS b4, but that's not the solution to it all. Something changed in v2.0 and I'm almost uncontrollable now knowing you and LG cannot solve it! What about custom placement dudes? Valdo asked for it today and others (stating DO) will follow. Look, even though I'm a very respectable member around here, surely 99% of you members who just replace stuff by changing JS or anything the like you can help, so what about me? No offense really, but hey, I got a site to run. And to rely just on my best friend and all, well I don't take that for granted yk. Surely you're all on it 100% but to buy a new mobile phone just for the uppers here? nah...... I won't take that for an answer... ever. I'm very very sorry! I'm looking for the best, it did work b4, now in v2.0 it just SO happens to work no more! Why?

I did find the issue in CSS you seem to have added. I allowed myself to fix it, and it seems to be working for now.

The issue regarding your phone is really strange and I am more and more inclined to believe it is an incompatibility issue with the phone's browser's native JavaScript... I'll get back to that in a PM regarding the details I need.
Sun 15 Mar 2015, 19:31
Oh, sweet! Just decided to buy me a new mobile phone. It won't matter. DARNY DARN! WHY??
BloodbathBloodbath

Mon 16 Mar 2015, 08:14
Okay, so, I tried finding the issue on Safari 5.0.2 (the browser version your iPhone uses) and surprisingly enough it does support EcmaScript 5 features like [ic]Array.prototype.sort[/ic], which unfortunately means I cannot reproduce the bug you are reporting. It's also unfortunate because I do not have the device you are using, because that's where it would be easiest for me to debug in -- I am deeply sorry, I cannot detect the issue accurately and cannot fix it. If you want to pursue this, I can ask you to perform a multitude of tests with me, but if you do not have the necessary time left, then I don't think it would prove to matter.

Regarding your other admin, Roxanna, does she speak English? I can provide her with instructions to fix the issue, if you want me to.

( Here's a screenshot of AWC working properly on my Safari 5.0.2: https://imgur.com/K7TMOi5 )
BloodbathBloodbath

Tue 17 Mar 2015, 11:03
Samantha wrote:[quotelink="http://www.avacweb.com/t2236p15-avacweb-chat-bug-report-thread#22696"]@LGforum : Roxanne is here with us and she said the chatbox isn't loading at all on her 4G mobile, it just seems to be stuck in a loading state but nothing shows. Well, that's kind of a shock to me now. I really need this fixed real fast! I forgot all about testing mobile connection to the cb up until now because I hardly ever visit the internet from my mobile (I've got a 3G connection), but to me it doesn't show either, not through WiFi connection straight up through this router connecting to broadband internet we got at home and not when connected to the mobile internet provider... Rolling Eyes Now, as you know I've got custom placement, I never thought about adjusting CSS for mobile devices, but I shouldn't have to, right? This seems to be a big letdown to us because over 70% of our members do use mobile devices. So, what's wrong? Whatever we try, nothing seems to show regarding the mobile version of the cb on my ws. I'm lost! Sad

Please, help! Avacweb Chat - Bug Report Thread - Page 2 Planete-smiley_emoticone.16

And..., one other thing: I still need to get rid of that huge ugly white gap at the bottom of the page. Any word on that yet?

Thank you in advance for investing some of your time into this.

Regards,

Samantha

I will label this as fixed: the issue was not within AWC but the configuration of the website, and while I am working to resolve the issue in private, it has no relevance to this thread anymore.
Tue 17 Mar 2015, 11:23
Fixed? It isn't yet. Rather than clogging up the topic we decided to PM about the issue, that's right. And then there's still the white gap issue to be solved as well after getting the AWC v2.0 mobile version for custom placement has been brought back in working order... But OK, since you feel confident to get the job done, go ahead and close the issue in this thread... Wink Thanks!
Wed 18 Mar 2015, 20:22
OK, it's too bad Bloodbath couldn't figure out a solution for the mobile issue (AWC CP (custom placement)). I guess certain outdated mobile equipment just won't work with chat. I don't know if he wants to tell us about what he tried, but it seems like an issue with the _userdata not being send, so the script fails to load AWC. I'd like to thank him big time for the effort and his time to come up with something genius on that.

I found a solution to get rid of the white gap at the bottom of the page when having AWC CP installed. The key is in telling the

Code:
[panda=css]#awc_rightbox

AND

Code:
[panda=css]#awc_userlist

to have a {height: 100%!important;}. You may then play a bit around with the

Code:
[panda=css].custom_placement #avacweb_chat {bottom: 3px!important;width: 100%!important;height: 90%!important;}

numbers to get things fit neatly in every browser.

Since I styled my AWC into further detail, I thought you guys might be interested in my latest CSS:

Code:
[panda=css].custom_placement #avacweb_chat {bottom: 3px!important;width: 100%!important;height: 90%!important;margin: 0px auto!important;margin-right: -10px!important;}
.a_chat_pm tr, .a_chat_pm td, .a_chat_tab tr, .a_chat_tab td, .a_chat_cmd tr, .a_chat_cmd td {display:none!important;}
.a_chat_pm:before, .a_chat_tab:before, .a_chat_cmd:before {content: 'Hidden Content';font-style: italic;}
#achat_login {font-size: 1em!important;}
.user {font-weight: bold!important;}
#awc_header, #awc_footer {background: #FF5100!important;}
#chatbox_header {color: #FFF!important;}
#awc_title {font-size: 1.2em!important;color: #FFF!important;font-weight: 700!important;margin: 2px!important;}
#awc_rightbox {height: 100%!important; width: 85%!important;background-position: center!important;background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/1EcLzk3.png')!important;background-repeat:no-repeat!important;}
#awc_userlist {height: 100%!important; width: 15%!important;background-image:none!important;}
#awc_userlist h4.member-title {margin-top: 3px!important;padding: 3px!important;font-weight: 700!important;font-size: 12px!important;color: #FFF!important;border-radius: 0px!important;-moz-border-radius: 2px!important;-webkit-border-radius: 2px!important;box-shadow: inset 0 3px 5px #EEE!important;-moz-box-shadow: inset 0 3px 5px #EEE!important;-webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 3px 5px #EEE!important;background: #FF5100!important;}
#awc_userlist li {font-size: 11px!important;font-weight:700!important;}
.awc_x {font-size: 1.5em!important; font-weight: 1200!important; margin-top: -5px!important;}
#awc_contextmenu {font-size: 12px!important;}
.achat_row .date-and-time {color: #FF5100!important;}
.achat_button {text-shadow:none!important;border: none!important;border-radius: 0px!important;-moz-border-radius: 2px!important;-webkit-border-radius: 2px!important;box-shadow: inset 0 3px 5px #EEE!important;-moz-box-shadow: inset 0 3px 5px #EEE!important;-webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 3px 5px #EEE!important;background: #2D68D1!important;color: #FFF!important;font-weight: 700!important;font-size: 12px!important;}
.achat_button:hover {color: #FFF!important;border: 0px!important;}
#awc_buttons {margin-right: 25px!important;}
#awc_message {width: 85%!important;margin-left: -10px!important;padding: 2px 5px!important;}
#achat_user_prefs, #achat_smilies, #achat_colors, #achat_popup {bottom: 17%!important;font-weight: bold!important;font-size: 12px!important;}
.achat_row {background:none!important;min-height: 14px!important;line-height: 13px!important;font-size: 11px!important;border-top: 0px!important;border-bottom: 0px!important;}
.achat_row.my_message {background:none!important;}
#awc_tabs {border-bottom: -30px!important;border-left: 2px solid #ECF3F7!important;border-top: 3px solid #ECF3F7!important;border-right: 1px solid #ECF3F7!important;text-shadow: none!important;border-radius: 0px!important;-moz-border-radius: 2px!important;-webkit-border-radius: 2px!important;box-shadow: inset 0 3px 5px #EEE!important;-moz-box-shadow: inset 0 3px 5px #EEE!important;-webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 3px 5px #EEE!important;background: #2D68D1!important;color: #FFF!important;font-weight: 700!important;font-size: 12px!important;}
.achat_tab {text-shadow:none!important;font-size: 12px!important;padding: 3px 15px!important;border-radius: 0px!important;-moz-border-radius: 2px!important;-webkit-border-radius: 2px!important;box-shadow: inset 0 3px 5px #EEE!important;-moz-box-shadow: inset 0 3px 5px #EEE!important;-webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 3px 5px #EEE!important;background: #2D68D1!important;color: #FFF!important;font-weight: 700!important;font-size: 12px!important;}
.achat_tab.selected {text-shadow:none!important;font-size: 12px!important;border-radius: 0px!important;-moz-border-radius: 2px!important;-webkit-border-radius: 2px!important;box-shadow: inset 0 3px 5px #EEE!important;-moz-box-shadow: inset 0 3px 5px #EEE!important;-webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 3px 5px #EEE!important;background: #FF5100!important;color: #FFF!important;font-weight: 700!important;font-size: 12px!important;}
.achat_tab .delete_tab {margin: -8px 2px!important;}
LGforumLGforum

Thu 19 Mar 2015, 10:59
Samantha, I don't think its a problem with custom placement. I think it is specifically a problem with your custom placement. Due to the fact it is in a html page but because you are displaying the toolbar then AWC is having to wait for that and it's a very unique and messed up way of loading everything. Have you got a test site? If so you could install AWC on a test site, not as a custom placement, and make sure the normal mobile version works on your mobile. And then try a custom placement on the test site which isn't a html page with your set up. This way we can deduce where the real problem actually is, because I am pretty sure it's just your unique set up where the problem lies. There shouldn't be any issues with the default AWC custom placement mobile version.

Does that make sense? I feel like I rambled.

PS as a little side note to consider - all your issues with that page could be fixed simply by ticking the box 'display forum headers and footer' in the html page. We'd then simply hide the bits you didn't want in that html page, this would be a far superior and easier solution.
Do you realise that this is the issue? Yor HTML page doesn't have headers and footers and therefor has no real connection to the forum other than that iframe which has been added. So AWC has no way of knowing if the user is logged in, their username etc except for through that iframe - so your whole page is relying on that iframe. Put headers and footers on and that problem disappears fixing all sub-sequential problems caused by that.
Sponsored content

• Previous Topic • Next Topic