Like SystemiConnectFri 15 Oct 2021, 04:50
Auto Save MessagesLGforumFri 26 Feb 2021, 13:31
New tutorial questionTheCrowMon 15 Feb 2021, 08:12
Support iOS Emojis (and other platforms)LGforumSun 14 Feb 2021, 01:25
LGforum (2806)
Avacweb Chat no longer works. - Page 2 Vote_lcapAvacweb Chat no longer works. - Page 2 Voting_barAvacweb Chat no longer works. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Mr.Easybb (1587)
Avacweb Chat no longer works. - Page 2 Vote_lcapAvacweb Chat no longer works. - Page 2 Voting_barAvacweb Chat no longer works. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Bloodbath (745)
Rukiafan (533)
Dom (513)
puppycheese (446)
pedro (330)
Neymar (301)
Hitsu (281)
Flora (275)

Avacweb Chat no longer works.

brandon_gbrandon_g

Mon 09 Feb 2015, 23:26
Ape wrote:[quotelink="http://www.avacweb.com/t2319p15-avacweb-chat-no-longer-works#22076"]as you say yes this should have been told to all there members before it was put online but as you know we have no say in what is going on most updates are tested and the bugs are worked on before it comes online but not sure why this was not tested first ... I think its down to staff members are not all on line at the same time to test the problems. i think they made the right move to put this online for every one and then find the bugs and fix them all in one go.

Bus if you look on FM support the bugs are getting fixed and all i know there working hard to make everyone happy.

yes this system is made to be worked on by the FM team and we hope there be more things added at a later date.

we are really sorry that there was problems with LG's chat but as this is not software FM is supporting and it's a plug in there is nothing they can do to help fix this.

Shame FM did not run a better system in the first place but please feel free to post on FM if you have a problem that is to do with the main chat of FM's

I have already, it is called Edit/Remove Chatbox timeout, that is the only problem I have had with FM's chatbox from the begining, I hope they remove it this time with he new chat, but if they do not it does not bother me, I am perfectlly happy with AWC, I switched because I like that awc gives the users and Admins the choice/options to customize it the way they want, in addition to this AWC allows me and the users to disable the time out (at 2 +s now), they allow private chatrooms for whoever we want, staff, vip members etc. (at 3 +'s) private messaging within the chatbox, honestly I only asked for 1 of these features and awc provided that and more. All I ask FM for is the OPTION and CHOICE to disable the chatbox in MY forum by MYSELF. Apparently this is to much to ask for though, in the end I do not care, I give AWC the BEYOND satisfactory rating... fm's barely a passing grade. I understand is a free service, it is one of the best free services out there too, but all we ask is for some suggestions to be approved and implemented. I understand they can not do them ALL of them nor expect them too, but please implement some, the chatbox seems a simple thing to add. Aside from that they should work on their communication. I do not have many more complaints about FM, it is a great service for being free, but the couple I do have are simple to solve. That is all I have to say, also I agree with your statement Samantha! I am tired of the excuses, this little trick will not work again, I do hope FM knows this!

Regards,
-Brandon
Mon 09 Feb 2015, 23:31
brandon_g wrote:[quotelink="http://www.avacweb.com/t2319p15-avacweb-chat-no-longer-works#22084"]
Ape wrote:[quotelink="http://www.avacweb.com/t2319p15-avacweb-chat-no-longer-works#22076"]as you say yes this should have been told to all there members before it was put online but as you know we have no say in what is going on most updates are tested and the bugs are worked on before it comes online but not sure why this was not tested first ... I think its down to staff members are not all on line at the same time to test the problems. i think they made the right move to put this online for every one and then find the bugs and fix them all in one go.

Bus if you look on FM support the bugs are getting fixed and all i know there working hard to make everyone happy.

yes this system is made to be worked on by the FM team and we hope there be more things added at a later date.

we are really sorry that there was problems with LG's chat but as this is not software FM is supporting and it's a plug in there is nothing they can do to help fix this.

Shame FM did not run a better system in the first place but please feel free to post on FM if you have a problem that is to do with the main chat of FM's

I have already, it is called Edit/Remove Chatbox timeout, that is the only problem I have had with FM's chatbox from the begining, I hope they remove it this time with he new chat, but if they do not it does not bother me, I am perfectlly happy with AWC, I switched because I like that awc gives the users and Admins the choice/options to customize it the way they want, in addition to this AWC allows me and the users to disable the time out (at 2 +s now), they allow private chatrooms for whoever we want, staff, vip members etc. (at 3 +'s) private messaging within the chatbox, honestly I only asked for 1 of these features and awc provided that and more. All I ask FM for is the OPTION and CHOICE to disable the chatbox in MY forum by MYSELF. Apparently this is to much to ask for though, in the end I do not care, I give AWC the BEYOND satisfactory rating... fm's barely a passing grade. I understand is a free service, it is one of the best free services out there too, but all we ask is for some suggestions to be approved and implemented. I understand they can not do them ALL of them nor expect them too, but please implement some, the chatbox seems a simple thing to add. Aside from that they should work on their communication. I do not have many more complaints about FM, it is a great service for being free, but the couple I do have are simple to solve. That is all I have to say, also I agree with your statement Samantha! I am tired of the excuses, this little trick will not work again, I do hope FM knows this!

Regards,
-Brandon

You switched to AWC because of me. I brought you here (and some other new members as well). I installed it, you and your members liked it. I styled it for you even. I still love AWC and I really cannot do without no more. Regarding the time-out, you've seen the discussion in the thread on FM and they just ignore it. They just close their eyes and pray I'll leave soon when I'm in that thread.
Mon 09 Feb 2015, 23:37
LGforum wrote:[quotelink="http://www.avacweb.com/t2319p15-avacweb-chat-no-longer-works#22081"]I'd rather we didn't get bitchy about the support forum here. No need to, they do a good job and can't all be expected to know everything.

On the note of AWC, while I know the update was long overdue and a natural necessity, there are a few aspects of the update that lead me to believe certain bits are purposly used to thwart custom chat boxes - possibly in an attempt to restore faith in their own chatbox and ultimately FM as a caring company. I suspect a marketing move within this update somewhere; the chatbox is a popular feature which is widely disregarded and replaced for others, mods or third party ones, seems a little strange they'd rewrite it before fixing other bugs or finishing other features.

...just speculation however.

I didn't see that edited post until now.... Wow..... incredible.... That's what I was thinking and feeling too the moment they pushed on with the beta. And that at the cost of our members.... unbelievable bad move. Well I still like AWC and staff (incl. you LG) and our members here, so I hope you can find a solution soon and thwart them back Razz

PS Sorry for double posting, but you edited it and I had to reply....
brandon_gbrandon_g

Mon 09 Feb 2015, 23:40
Samantha wrote:[quotelink="http://www.avacweb.com/t2319p15-avacweb-chat-no-longer-works#22085"]
brandon_g wrote:[quotelink="http://www.avacweb.com/t2319p15-avacweb-chat-no-longer-works#22084"]

Regards,
-Brandon

You switched to AWC because of me. I brought you here (and some other new members as well). I installed it, you and your members liked it. I styled it for you even. I still love AWC and I really cannot do without no more. Regarding the time-out, you've seen the discussion in the thread on FM and they just ignore it. They just close their eyes and pray I'll leave soon when I'm in that thread.

That is true, you did bring me bring here, you did install it, you did style it (and did a great job if I may add) but AWC itself won me over, I am learning the ins and outs and now, I have been reading the tutorials, it is starting to make sense now, yes Samantha you brought me here and got me started, I appericate and I love AWC. Smile So thank you for showing me to it and LG thanks for greating such a great chatbox out of a super neglected one. Smile

Long live AWC!

Regards,
-Brandon
Rhino.FreakRhino.Freak

Wed 11 Feb 2015, 12:43
whoa what is wrong with you guys? I mean we all know that they shouldn't have released the bugged chatbox publicly but I think y'all are bashing em way more than required.
Give them a break already, we all get it we like AWC better and that's why we're here aren't we? No need to point out the obvious more than required in 1 thread.

Lets just leave this for now and wait for the fixed version of chat!
Wed 11 Feb 2015, 16:30
Sorry to interrupt this discussion, but FM has finalized on the new chatbox: http://help.forumotion.com/t138896-1375-chatbox-issues#941828 According to FM all bugs have been fixed.

Thank you! Smile
brandon_gbrandon_g

Wed 11 Feb 2015, 20:57
Samantha wrote:[quotelink="http://www.avacweb.com/t2319p30-avacweb-chat-no-longer-works#22125"]Sorry to interrupt this discussion, but FM has finalized on the new chatbox: http://help.forumotion.com/t138896-1375-chatbox-issues#941828 According to FM all bugs have been fixed.

Thank you! Smile

So I see! Hopefully this allow AWC to fixed quicker. Smile
Fri 13 Feb 2015, 14:12
Any update on AWC yet, guys? Thank you.

PS: Happy Valentine's tomorrow.
LGforumLGforum

Fri 13 Feb 2015, 17:58
Yes - I've fixed most features but still working on the PM system. I could release it without the PM system or private tabs temporarily if people would want that.
Fri 13 Feb 2015, 18:10
YES PLEASE and THANKS, LG! :hug: If you do so, we can find further possible 'bugs' coming weekend / these days and for you to concentrate more on the PM system and the next release, as I see it. As you know I've got most features installed as well (plug-ins and translation) Wink

Let's post our found 'bugs' in this thread meanwhile, or open up a separate thread for that instead if you wish to do so.
brandon_gbrandon_g

Fri 13 Feb 2015, 18:44
Yes a temporary verision will be great for now. Thanks so much LG. Smile
LGforumLGforum

Fri 13 Feb 2015, 19:54
I'll try and get that sorted tomorrow afternoon or Sunday afternoon for everyone, and try and make a list of other features temporarily disabled or missing.
It seems releasing a temporary version would be best anyway as I am away next week on a training course so won't be able to do anything but visit avacweb on my phone from Monday to Friday.
brandon_gbrandon_g

Fri 13 Feb 2015, 20:00
Thanks so much LG Smile
Fri 13 Feb 2015, 20:15
You must be an excellent chef when ur so busy and people are coming back! No sweat, we'll try and do our bests ourselves as well on AWC. Wouldn't you have yourself opened another topic for the 'bugs' found?

Ur food smells fabulous.... *sniffing* hmmm Razz .....
Sponsored content

• Previous Topic • Next Topic